Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fishing over Labor Day

On Labor Day Monday we decided to take a little last minute fishing trip. It was so much fun, however because it was so last minute we only brought one pole and no extra bait. My Grandpa was a serious fisherman. Some of my fondest memories of him are on the water. A couple years ago while Joe and I were at their house, we got the surprise (or I could say the gift) of my life. My Grandpa and Joe had been talking about fishing and my Grandfather decided to give Joe a bunch of his fishing things. One of those things was his fishing pole. It was with that pole, and spinner bait that our family caught our first fish. Here is the story. 

This is my favorite thing in Utah. These flowers grow all over the place here and I love them. Not only that but, I am highly allergic to them. How did I find this out. By, making Joe pullover one day so I could pick some to put on my table. Not 5 minutes after I had them arranged I broke out into huge hives. Complete with one big ole bad boy under my nose from where I smelled the flowers. But, It's so pretty huh!
My cute kids!!
Abby eating rocks. She quickly went back into the stroller after this was taken. 
Joe captioned this one on facebook, "Jordan teaching me how to fish"
Michael's turn


Ora's (and our whole families) first fish. Joe did not even know she had it until it came out of the water. It was tiny. But well worth it. 


Right after this picture was taken the fish 'jumped' out of Joe's hand and all of my kiddo's started screaming as it flapped on the floor. You would have thought we caught Jaws and had sent it flapping after him. We were only at the lake for about an hour and a half but it was so much fun. Probably the most fun we have had in a long time. 

1 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

Your kids are so cute. I LOVE the little fish that they caught, that's awesome.