Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Day trip!

I have been wanting to write about his for a few weeks now and finally have a moment to do it so here it goes.......

On Oct. 21st we were invited to attend a regional stake conference at the conference center where President Hinckley would be presiding. My whole family was so excited We woke up extra early and got dressed before the kids got up and once they did we hurry and got them dressed I made breakfast to go and we were in the car. The meeting started at ten but we were there at 8:45 we sat in the eighth row to the side where the prophet would be walking in. We sat for a while and walked for a while passing the time. And about five minutes before he came in my little baby decided he had had enough. So I walked him to the back of the isle to put him to sleep. Right as he was going out I heard over head "Welcome to the conference center,... please take you seats" So I waited another few minutes to make sure he was really out and then headed down the isle. Just as I was approaching my row The whole room got silent and I froze Looked up and saw that cute little old man who walks so frailly with God. I watched him pretty much hobble to his seat raise his cane to say hi to everyone and then sit down.
What a great meeting we heard talks on being more still, not over scheduling our lives. About the importance of F.H.E. and prayer. The spirit in that room fills the chair cushions, my children sat and played quietly for the whole two hours. and then when President Hinckley got up to speak they both listened, for a few minutes. He talked to Fathers about putting your homes in order, He said that just because you are gone all day at work that is no excuse for coming home grumpy and taking a bad day out on your family. His voice was a stern warning to parents who would talk badly in front of there children or who would raise a hand to them. I was truly inspired by the tone of his voice it made me wonder how I act around my kids when no one is around. I try to be the best mom I can be. And now I realize that there whole lives in and through eternity will depend on what I teach them while I have them here in my home. What a huge overwhelming responsibility. But a joy all the same. It would kill me if I did not have them with me in Heaven, There is only one way that they can be there and that is if we all make it together! HOLY COW!
I can't take on day off, I have to always be a light to my children......

But you know what, my little children are the light to me. As I have stopped to pay attention to them I can see there testimonies in there eyes. Bruce R. McKonkie said he was born with a testimony of the gospel of Christ. I believe we all are, anyone who chose the right plan knows in his soul all about it, it is a matter of bringing it all back. To feel that hidden part of you leap for joy when you feel the spirit telling you truth. My little girl loves Jesus. I mean loves him. She always has she knows he loves her. She always has. It is truly a wonder to watch her as she quiets down to pray to her father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the truths we all share as a family every day. I could not ask for anything more than to be a mother to these kids.

One more thing and then this huge post will be over.. As the meeting ended and we all stood to watch the prophet go the room once again got silent so I lifted me sweet girl up to see and as he passed us by my girl screamed "Bye bye pes. hinkee" He stopped and looked right at her. I have never been so happy to have my daughter so irreverent in my life! What I fun story to tell her when she gets bigger. And what a great day.

7 comments:

The Jones's said...

My Sister in Law was at that meeting with my Mom-in-Law because she, my sister, is a member of the single's ward which is in your stake. I am always jealous when I hear about meetings like this. On the East coast we are lucky when we have Apostle's come to our meetings, and that doesn't happen a lot. Oh well, I'm an East Coaster through and through and have to take the good with the not so great. You should check out my blog jonesfamily82.blogspot.com, there's a good or not so good story about our psychotic neighbors. :)

The Pea said...

Laurel I am so glad you stoped by I can;t get into your blog for some reason I go to your profile and There is no blog link on there!!!

The Jones's said...

Hmmm... I'm sure something is messed up, but maybe it's because mine is only accesible by signed up readers. I was glad to see you could get through to it. I would love it if you added me to your list of blogs that you read, though it is blocked. It's great knowing friends are reading it, though it's a great way to sort of keep a journal, though I should keep a non-public one, also.

Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks for sharing! Dinner sounds great, Bri will call and get the details all figured out. Not sure if I can keep the tie on though- I actually have to go clean up after the singles wards in the Clyde Building, that could be a post all its own...

Goonie1313 said...

Erin... you inspired me not to fill my life up so much and to not be grumpy anymore when i come home. I think I need to Repent!!! :)

S'mee said...

This is so great! I think it is awesome that Pres. Hinckley looked right at your little one! wow!

The Pea said...

Okay tile saver guy! You are a crack up!!!! It is nice to know you came by to see my little spot.
Smee- I could not even scold her for being irreverent becasue it was so swaome.