Friday, November 16, 2007

The BIG 0-4
























My biggest boy turned 4 this year and we had his first "friend "party. I decided that even though some day he might hate me for it I did a theme Halloween party. It's his birthday and We will live it up!!! So here are some pictures from out Mad Scientist Lab. I had three stations: make you own monster, face painting, and make slime. You think a bunch of four year olds would love this kinds of thing...... NOPE I could get none of them to make slime. You know the cornstarch and water kind that drips through your fingers if you don't constantly move it. Then I only got the girls to get there faces painted. Two of the boys made monsters but it was the craziest thing. I tried really hard to make this party great. and I felt for a while that I totally bombed, But all of the kids parents have told me that they have not stopped talking about the best part........ pin the tail on the donkey!! So much for trying to go all out.

I also added my kids pictures from our trunk or treat this year. Thomas Percy and a really cheap dalmatian costume. I was so crazed by the party and my little girl being sick that a did not get his Sir Tophan hat costume finished and ended up a Kmart an hour before the party started. Oh well we all had a great time.

(the pictures are not great but if you click on them you can see it better)


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry the party wasn't all you had hoped. It was probably their first 'friend' party too! Slime goes great with 9 years olds! Save the idea! It was super!!! Thanks for the support on my big purchase! Also, hold out on any purchase of your own. I wasn't the only kid with a camera in my future.

S'mee said...

It sounds like a fun party although not exactly what you planned. Hey, they still are talking about it, that's good!

Robyn said...

What a fun party! You have a very creative nature too! I have finally slowed down enough to be able to comment again!